Cheese With Your Whine?

9.16.2005

Have brakes - will travel!

I got my brakes fixed today - no more squeaking. That's something I can't stand. So, now I'm $150 poorer and ready to head to OK tomorrow. Whoo hoo!!! We're going to hit the road early and be there hopefully by about 11:00 or so.

I've still got to pack of course. Anyone who knows me will tell you that I'm Queen of the Procrastinators. That and I hate to pack. Even if it is for only one night. I'm really looking forward to catching up with Anna and watching some football. As much as I dislike Oklahoma and Stillwater in general, I love college football and OSU is a fun environment. Plus, I know all the words to the fight songs. How corny is that?? I just hope that Ms. Thing decides to behave. It's funny how when you're introducing your kid to someone you want them to be an angel and have no meltdowns or show their not-so-cute-as-a-button side. And they all have one.

Speaking of my oh so cute girl, she has been only nursing at night and not wanting to after work. I think the end is near. If she wanted to just nurse at night for another year, that'd be fine with me. It makes me sad to think of our nursing time coming to an end, so I'm just not going to.

Tonight, I think she called me Cassy more than she called me mama. What a smarty pants!

Also tonight was the big 1-3 birthday party for Taylor. She had some friends over, and they ate pizza and danced like the adolescent girls they are. Now they're off to the movies and the house is quiet. Man does that feel nice!

Taylor is such a sweet girl. I've really noticed a change in her over the summer and so far this school year. It's hard to believe that we met her when she was only 6. My how time flies. She has really become a nice young woman. And I do mean woman! ;-) Rylee adores her, which of course makes her stock soar in my book.

I love you, girlie! Hope you have a wonderful year and I can't wait to watch you grow and mature. You're doing a great job, and I'm lucky to have you in my life!

I guess I'd better sign off and go finish packing. I have an Arbonne call with someone at 10:00. That's what I get for recruiting on the west coast.

GO POKES!!!!

Posted by cassy :: 9/16/2005 :: 9 Cheese Crumbles:

Comment! Comment!

-------------------------------------