Cheese With Your Whine?

4.02.2006

I so heart my kid

Lately Rylee has been jabbering up a storm. Here are a few of the most recent gems.

**In the back of the car, in her carseat, she'll yell loud enough for the whole county to hear, "I'm stuck in here!" Over and over and over.

**Tonight she was running around naked after the poop incident and was playing with a stuffed tiger. She was putting it in her stroller and saying, "Good night, tiger. Have good sleep. See you tomorrow."

**While she was 'helping' me cook in the way only a toddler can, she looked up and saw the plates in the open cabinet abover her and said, "I need a plate. Cassy, it's right there."

**The other day I told her to "Come on, chica." She looked at me and said, "You're chica." Okay.

**Somehow she has picked up on the word fart. Now this is not a word I say. I will say pretty much everything else in the book, but fart just grates on me. But someone she's been around says it (and when I find you I will wash your mouth out with soap), so when she 'tooted' the other day, she looked at me and said, "Rylee fart. You fart, Mom."

**She calls me Mom a lot now, instead of Mama or Mommy or even Cassy (which she says a lot). It's kind of funny but makes me realize she's growing up on me. Mom. The little fart.

**This girlie has one request for her birthday part. Party hats. And she asks for them every day. "Birthday. Party hats." So when all it takes to make your kid happy is a silly paper hat, you can bet your ass we will ALL be wearing party hats.

She is just such a cool kid. Sometimes I get frustrated and feel like all I do all day is clean up one mess after another. There are times when I wish I could pee in private. I have moments when I want to run away, even if it's just for 15 minutes to regroup and catch my breath.

But she is the single best and most rewarding thing in my life. I love her. It sounds so simple to say, but that's just the truth. I. Love. That. Kid.

Posted by cassy :: 4/02/2006 :: 11 Cheese Crumbles:

Comment! Comment!

-------------------------------------