Cheese With Your Whine?

5.22.2006

Things I've learned this week

About puppies -

**They are capable of chewing every single thing in your house, including your modem and laptop cable, making it impossible to blog from home.

About TV -

**I still love Grey's. They ended it exactly like they should have. The season finale of Desperate Housewives was good too. And how 'bout the series finale of Will and Grace? I LOVED it!

About my daughter-

**She is no longer my baby. In her own words on Mother's Day, "I'm not your baby. I'm your girl." At TWO, she's no longer my baby. Little does she know, she'll be my baby when she's 40. How do you like that, smarty pants?

**She's sharp. She can recognize the sound of motorcycles, airplanes, tranes, helicopters, and big trucks without seeing them. Is that smart? I don't know, it seems so to me.

**She's independent as hell. Yesterday at a birthday party, she ran up to me, grabbed a token and took off. No Mama necessary.

**She didn't care last night when I left her for (gasp!) a week with her Aunt Katie. She missed me when in the middle of the night, though.

**When I'm not with her, I dream about her. I swear I spent all night trying to find her because she'd been kidnapped. It was awful. I mean pure hell. And now I'm tired.

**When I'm not with her, it cuts my get ready time in half, and I have rediscovered the glory of taking a shower alone.

**I don't think I'll make a week without her.

About waiting -

**I hate it. I despise not knowing what's going to happen. I don't even know which hemisphere of the world I'm going to be living in in a month and it's freaking killing me.

About wanting what I can't have -

**I'm apparently very good at that. Have you ever wanted something so much that it totally consumes you, yet it's the one thing you can't have? It hurts, and makes it hard for me to breathe.

About Chuck E Cheese -

** Your two year old can catch free rides on the carousel if you're out of tokens, if she can climb up there by herself. (Please note this was not my idea. I wandered over there and found her blissfully riding because some other kid kept putting tokens in.) See, I told you she's smart.

About the movie RV -

** It's a definite renter, but you will still probably laugh. It makes for a good girls night out. Not as good a Art School Confidential, though right, Cop's Wife?

Posted by cassy :: 5/22/2006 :: 8 Cheese Crumbles:

Comment! Comment!

-------------------------------------